888-743-4054 (Toll Free)
800-501-7121 (Toll Free)
Gretchen Garrison graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1982 with a bachelor's degree in Hospital Administration. She earned her law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 1986, where she served as managing editor of the UMKC Law Review and on the Moot Court Board.
Ms. Garrison is admitted to practice before all Missouri state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has appeared before every appellate court in the State of Missouri, as well as the United States Supreme Court.
She is a member of The Missouri Bar, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis, and American Bar Association. She is the chairperson of the Appellate Practice Committee of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis.
Prior to joining Gray, Ritter & Graham, Ms. Garrison was a partner in one of the region's largest law firms. She has served as General Counsel for the Missouri Department of Health, and as Deputy Appellate Counsel for the Missouri Attorney Generals Office, responsible for appellate policy and argument on behalf of state agencies.
She is a frequent speaker and author on health care law, among other legal topics.
Ms. Garrison practices in a wide variety of areas, including business litigation, state regulatory and administrative law, health care, taxation, and appellate practice. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Appellate Law, and among the "Best Lawyers in St. Louis" in St. Louis Magazine. Ms. Garrison has been selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers [among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas] since 2010, in the area of Business Litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation & Class Action
- Appellate Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1986
- Law Review: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Law Review
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- B.S. - 1982
- Honors: Health Administration
- Merger of Comparative Fault and Strict Liability in Missouri, 54 University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Review 243, 1986
- Missouri Comparative Faulty Treatise - Theory and Practice, University of Missouri-Kansas City/CLE (1986 and Supp. 1989)
- Missouri Products Liability Handbook, Chapter 44 - Indemnity, Contribution and Settlement (Co-Author), University of Missouri-Kansas City/CLE, 1988
- Frequent Speaker, Health Care Law
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2009 - Present
- Best Lawyers in St. Louis, St. Louis Magazine, 2009 - Present
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2010 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Chair Person, Appellate Practice Committee
- Mid-America Transplant Services, Board of Directors
- Delta Theta Phi