Dangerous Cars, SUVs and Trucks
Auto defects have two primary causes: defective design and defective manufacturing. If an auto defect caused an accident with serious injuries, talk to our personal injury attorneys, who have extensive experience in holding manufacturers accountable for their mistakes.
Auto Defect Lawyers
At Gray Ritter Graham in St. Louis, we represent people who have been seriously injured in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas and the surrounding area. Our personal injury attorneys have the resources to thoroughly investigate motor vehicle accidents and determine all the causes — including auto defects. Some defects that have been investigated over the years are:
- A quick turn should not cause an SUV rollover, but if a design defect has placed the center of gravity too high, dangerous rollovers happen.
- Some convertibles have built-in safety features (roll bars and head rests designed to pop up in an accident), but if these features fail to work, the result can be serious injury.
- Often, manufacturers will design vehicles to comply only with the minimum safety requirements of the country where the the vehicle will be sold, even when they know one vehicle is less safe. For example, before lap/shoulder belts were required in the United States, some manufacturers would sell the exact same vehicle in Europe and Asia with the much safer lap/shoulder belt combination, while in the U.S. only providing lap belts.
- Some pickup trucks have built-in stability issues caused by uneven weight distribution.
- Passenger van sliding doors can sometimes pop open - or even come off - during rollovers. This puts everyone riding in the van at risk of ejection. Occupants ejected from vehicles have a significantly enhanced risk of serious injury or death.
We make claims against manufacturers when unsafe designs cause injuries.
At GRG, we help clients who have been seriously injured by auto defects. Our work, and the work of other lawyers, forces auto manufacturers to pay for the injuries they have caused and recall motor vehicles with defects to prevent further injuries.
It costs nothing to call and ask for a personal injury attorney to review your case. Contact us as soon as possible so that we can preserve the evidence and begin our investigation.