Representation for Injuries Caused by Defective Medical Devices
Medical device manufacturers are intensively regulated and required to follow strict quality standards. The products they design, manufacture and sell are placed inside patients or are used externally to deliver therapy. When medical device manufacturers make mistakes, or when the medical devices themselves are defective, serious injury or wrongful death can result.
The product liability attorneys at Gray Ritter Graham in St. Louis have experience investigating and litigating product liability and medical malpractice cases, as well as defective medical device lawsuits. Our law firm has the resources, as well as the commitment to our clients, to fully prosecute these types of cases.
- In order to get their products to market quickly, manufacturers may rush the devices through the design and testing processes. Or manufacturers may allow physicians to use the products without sufficient training. Often, manufacturers fail to warn doctors and patients about potential problems.
- Insulin pumps have made life better for many diabetic patients, but a defective insulin pump can over-deliver insulin and put the patient into a coma.
- Defective surgical implants such as pacemakers, surgical hernia patches and mesh implants, can cause additional surgery or wrongful death.
- Failure of orthopedic hardware — hip and other joint implants, plates for fixing fractures, screws, polymer injections — can result in intense pain and require additional surgery.
- A defective defibrillator can waste valuable life-saving time.
Medical devices can improve the lives of patients — unless those devices are defective.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury because of a defective medical device, it costs nothing to call and ask our product liability lawyers to review your case. Contact us as soon as possible so that we can review the medical records and begin our investigation. We can consult expert witnesses with knowledge of the standards, testing and performance of the relevant medical product. We represent clients in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas and throughout the region.