Serious Injuries and Wrongful Death in Nursing Homes
Nursing home residents are some of the most vulnerable members of our society. In many instances, they do not feel they can complain or don't know how to explain what has happened. Nursing home residents deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Too often, the nursing home is run for profit only, not for the care of the residents.
Nursing Home Negligence
Suspicious injuries have often led to nursing home deaths that are unexplained. Our nursing home negligence lawyers have the experience and expertise to investigate and litigate nursing home deaths and serious injuries.
- The wrong medication can lead to tragic results. For instance, we represented a nursing home resident who was prescribed a sulfa-based drug for pressure ulcers (bedsores). However, he was allergic to sulfa drugs and developed a serious adverse reaction.
- When staff members are not properly screened before hiring, residents may be subjected to physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Residents may be dropped when being transferred from bed to chair or from chair to toilet, causing serious injuries. Broken bones (hip bones, leg and arm bones, skull fractures) may be undiagnosed and untreated until it is too late.
- Nursing homes may be careless about medications, failing to give medicines in the right dose at the right time.
- Malnutrition and dehydration can result when staffing is inadequate and staff members fail to make sure patients are getting adequate nourishment.
Contact GRG if there is evidence of negligence or abuse
People often die in nursing homes, but when the death is caused by negligence or abuse, the nursing home and the staff should be held accountable. If you or a family member suffered suspicious injury in a nursing home, let us help you investigate the matter. Contact us as soon as possible. Our law firm represents clients in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas and throughout the region.