Motorcycles are an exhilarating and economical form of transportation, but those who ride them face a unique set of dangers every day while out on the road. Other drivers’ don't always pay attention, and that can pose a greater danger to motorcyclists than drivers or passengers in cars and trucks.
If you were injured on a motorcycle, in order to be fairly compensated for the injuries and losses you endured, you need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney on your side who understands the complexities of the law. At Gray Ritter Graham, we will review your case free of charge. In fact, you will not owe us attorney fees until and unless we recover compensation for you.
Help For Your Motorcycle Crash Injury Claims
With spinal cord injuries, multiple fractures, and other catastrophic injuries common, motorcycle accidents can forever change lives. A biker may suffer a serious brain injury, even when wearing a helmet, which means many motorcycle injuries are far more serious— and more likely fatal— than those sustained in other motor vehicle accidents.
Motorcycle crash injuries can lead to permanent disability affecting both your quality of life and your ability to earn an income. The amount of medical care you need after an accident can be substantial. You have the legal right to pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and the emotional pain and suffering you have experienced if other people were at fault.
When seeking compensation, you may not be treated fairly by an insurance company. Insurance companies enter into these disputes armed with attorneys; you should too.
Talk To An Experienced Auto Accident Attorney.
We have a long and storied track record that dates back to 1946, when the firm was founded. The depth of experience you will find at Gray Ritter Graham in St. Louis can make a measurable difference in the outcome of your litigation.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys will:
- Guide you through the process. At every stage, we help to ensure that you do not waive any rights you may have to compensation and that your interests are always protected.
- Document all the facts of your case. Courts can be particular about details. We ensure that all evidence is preserved, which includes accident reconstruction and witness interviews that help determine exactly what happened and who is responsible in a motorcycle accident.
- Help you prove liability. Our experienced team understands your injuries and explains them to insurance companies and juries better than anyone.
Let us put our knowledge and experience to work for you.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics
Motorcycle accident statistics depict a tragic reality. At Gray Ritter Graham, we have met the individuals and families behind these numbers and want to help them.
- In August 2020, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded 123 Missouri deaths for 2020.
- When compared to automobile passengers, motorcyclists are 4 times more likely to be injured and 28 times more likely to die in a crash.
- While representing only 3 percent of all modes of transportation, motorcyclists account for a relatively large 14 percent of all traffic-related fatalities
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
When motorcyclists are hit by other drivers, there can be a number of different causes, including:
- Failure to see and correctly yield to a motorcycle
- Forcing a motorcyclist off the road
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Driver impairment, including alcohol and drugs
- Poor lighting conditions
- Bad roadways
- Mechanical failures
The reality is that many motorcycle crashes are rarely the result of a single factor, and many should have been avoided in the first place.
Our accident attorneys understand the importance of gathering all the facts to determine how a motorcycle accident happened and who is accountable while pursuing just compensation for you and your family.
Contact Our Team of Personal Injury Attorneys
The moment you engage the services of Gray Ritter Graham, we will work to protect your rights so that you can focus on healing and getting your life back on track. We’ll handle the rest.
Meet our team of attorneys who represent those who’ve been injured in catastrophic motorcycle collisions caused by the negligence of other drivers in Missouri, Illinois, and the surrounding region.