About Jack Downing
Jack graduated from the University of Missouri in 2014 with a degree in Economics. He earned his law degree from the University of Missouri in 2017 where he was a Note and Comment Editor for the Law Review. He served a judicial internship with Honorable E. Richard Webber.
Jack joined Gray Ritter Graham in 2017, practicing primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, class action litigation, mass torts, wrongful death and catastrophic injury. Jack made valuable contributions in several notable cases including the In re Dicamba herbicide case resulting in $400 million class action and individual settlements, and In re Syngenta, involving premature commercialization of genetically modified seed, culminating in a $1.51 billion global settlement.
Jack was named a Rising Star by Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers magazine in 2021 and an “Up & Coming Lawyer” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2019. He is licensed in Missouri and United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2021)
Missouri Lawyers Weekly “Up and Coming Lawyer” (2019)
Good Hope Educational Initiative Board of Directors (present)
Room at the Inn Volunteer (2006-present)
The Missouri Bar Association
Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Lawyers Association of St. Louis
American Association for Justice
News & Publications
- “An Important Time for the Future of Class Action Waivers and the Power Struggle Between Businesses and Consumers,” Mo. L. Rev. (Fall 2016)Article,
- “A Blatant Inequity: Contributions to the Common Benefit Fund in Multidistrict Litigation,” Mo. L. Rev. (Summer 2016)Article
GRG Farm Litigation
- GRG Farm Litigation Report, Summer 2022
Bar Admissions & Education
- Hon. E. Richard Webber of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
University of Missouri School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- Missouri, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2017