Truck Accident Attorneys
The personal injury lawyers at Gray, Ritter & Graham in St. Louis act quickly in a truck accident case to obtain all relevant information. That includes taking steps to assure that we have all available data about the driver’s condition at the time of the accident.
- In a truck accident, the black box has information about the speed of the truck and braking actions, as well as details about the truck’s mechanical systems at the time of an accident. The black box measures reactions and can provide evidence of any truck driver negligence. Our law firm makes immediate contact with the trucking company to secure the black box.
- Drivers are under pressure to deliver cargo on time — no matter what. Unfortunately, when a driver is behind the wheel too long, reflexes and decision-making abilities are affected by fatigue.
- Our lawyers will review any test results and perform further investigations to determine if the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
- Aggressive driving is always dangerous, but when the vehicle is an 18-wheeler carrying a maximum weight load, aggressive, reckless driving is life-threatening.
- Inattentive driving — watching videos, texting, using a cell phone or computer, playing video games while driving — all recklessly put lives at risk.
Truck Driver Drug Use
Due to the pressure of deadlines and lack of sleep, truck drivers may use stimulants or “uppers” to remain awake. Drug use behind the wheel can lead to speeding, inattentive driving, reckless driving, paranoia, depression and other side effects that are even more dangerous when combined with a large vehicle.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
Drunk driving may extend liability in truck accident cases involving catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. In addition to the truck driver, liable parties in an injury case may include bar owners, restaurant owners, liquor stores and others who contributed to the driver being under the influence at the time of the accident.
Truck Driver Negligence Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries.
meet the team that has served the people for 75 years
Driving what amounts to a lethal weapon — a fully loaded semi truck — requires a responsible, fully alert driver at all times. The personal injury attorneys at GRG determine all possible causes of a trucking accident, including truck driver negligence. Contact us for a consultation. There is no charge. We represent clients in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas, and the surrounding region.
Related News & Representative Cases
The number of pedestrians killed in a motor vehicle accident has climbed dramatically in recent years. According to the Missouri Department of… Read More
According to the latest federal data, the number of fatal car crashes decreased in 2019 over 2018, yet it appears they significantly… Read More