Fire, Explosion, Chemical and Electrical Burn Injuries
Burns are excruciatingly painful injuries - and the pain continues over the lengthy course of treatment. Treatment for severe burns can include medically induced comas, lengthy hospital stays, and multiple surgeries. Because of the risk of infection, burn victims are often isolated from family and friends.
Our lawyers help injured people and the families of wrongful death victims.
At Gray Ritter Graham in St. Louis, our attorneys have represented many people who have suffered severe burn injuries. We have seen their pain and courage, and we know how important it is for them to have compensation for extensive medical care, psychological trauma, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Our personal injury lawyers represent burn victims in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas and the surrounding region.
Examples of the severe burn injury cases we've handled include:
- A worker was accidentally sprayed with sulfuric acid while working in a chemical plant.
- A man was killed when natural gas leaks in a home caused an explosion.
- An adhesive solvent leaked into the air and was explosively ignited when a light switch was turned on. The flammable vapor ignition severely burned workers.
- A failure to follow lockout and tagout procedures caused serious electrical burns to a worker working on the same circuit.
- A health care aide burned a patient by inadvertently covering the patient with scalding water in a tub.
- An electrical switch exploded and killed a worker because there was no venting of the flames from the explosion.
When extensive medical care is needed, financial compensation is essential.
The personal injury lawyers at GRG fight hard for our clients, because we know they need financial compensation to move on with their lives. When you call our law firm, it costs nothing to ask us to review your case. Contact us as soon as possible so that we can preserve the evidence, talk to witnesses and begin our investigation.