Injuries Caused by Hospital and Staff Errors
The Institute of Medicine has reported that between 44,000 and 98,000 patients die each year because of medical errors in hospitals. If a loved one has suffered a serious injury or wrongful death because of hospital negligence, you are not alone.
Hospital Negligence Lawyers
At Gray Ritter Graham in St. Louis, our experienced lawyers represent people injured by hospital negligence. Our medical malpractice attorneys represent clients in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas and throughout the region.
- Inadequate staffing is often a contributing factor in hospital negligence. A hospital may lack sufficient numbers of nurses, LPNs and other staff to monitor and care for patients. In other cases, staff members may not have been carefully screened, or staff members may not be qualified for the tasks they are assigned.
- Hospital-acquired infections such as MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) can complicate illnesses. When infections are not diagnosed and treated, they can be life threatening.
- Medication errors can be caused by misreading the prescription, by giving the wrong medication to a patient, by giving the wrong dose at the wrong time, or by failing to notice allergic reactions.
- Misreading an X-ray can result in the patient receiving the wrong diagnosis and the wrong treatment.
- The improper placement of an IV. For example, placement in an artery instead of a vein can injure or kill a patient.
Hospital mistakes can complicate medical treatment and cause serious injuries
Hospitals have a responsibility to care for and protect patients. You are welcome to call our law firm if you or a loved in is injured because of hospital negligence. It costs nothing to call and ask us to review your case. Contact us as soon as possible so that we can review the medical records and all available facts.
Hospital Negligence Attorneys
- Gray Ritter Graham Blog