Truck Defects, Driver Hiring, Truck Maintenance
Trucking company negligence is often among the causes of a truck accident. However, proving trucking company negligence takes careful investigation by a law firm with the in-depth experience of Gray Ritter Graham.
Truck Accident Attorneys
The lawyers at Gray Ritter Graham in St. Louis act quickly in a truck accident case because trucking companies do not willingly admit negligence. One of our first steps when representing a client in a truck accident case is sending a letter to the trucking company warning that all evidence must be preserved.
- Just because a truck meets government standards does not necessarily mean it is safe. If a trucking company knows of safety defects, it has an obligation to fix the problem.
- Most trucks are equipped with an EDR (event data recorder) or CDR (crash data recorder). Those "black boxes" hold information about speed, braking, steering, and other actions that occurred before and during a collision. GRG makes sure to preserve, secure, and download that information as soon as possible.
- Negligent inspection procedures can lead to questionable safety systems on a truck.
- Negligent hiring and training procedures can put a dangerous driver into the cab of a heavy tractor-trailer. Drivers should be screened for poor driving records, criminal records, and any problems with drugs or alcohol.
- Demands for on-time delivery, regardless of road conditions, can place the driver in a no-win situation. Overloaded trucks and unsecured loads also cause accidents. Putting other cars and trucks on the road at risk under these conditions is trucking company negligence.
The trucking company is liable when its actions cause accidents.
At GRG, we have a thorough understanding of trucking company negligence. Our personal injury attorneys have the resources and expertise to determine the causes of truck accidents, and to secure justice for our clients. Contact us for a consultation. We represent clients in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas, and the surrounding region.